[SOLVED] php random gif help please

LiLCruz

Hi I'm new to php and would like to know how does Aeon  on this forum http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?p=19712997 change his gifs when you reload the page i ask him but he gave me no response i guess he didn't want to tell me  :'(.can someone please tell how i do this because i want to do the same thing.i think he has he's gifs hosted on his website. ??? i saw php end of the gifs so i came here.

Depends on how dynamic you want it to be.  But here's the pseudo. 

1) Have a folder with 3 images, "image1", "image2", and "image3".

2) Assign a variable $image_num with a random number (1, 2, or 3).

3) When you load the image it should look something like:

do i have to host the folder somewhere sorry being a nub

Where are the images going to live?  It's OK, we all start somewhere.

btw i don't have a website do i have make one do this?

Yeah...  How will your code get executed and rendered without one?

the php code is easy, as all it does is load up the image file and send the output.

if ya have yer images as say, sig_1.gif,sig_2.gif,sig_3.gif,sig_4.gif.....

we can make it really simple

<?php
header('Content-type: image/gif');
readfile("sig_". rand(1,4) .".gif");
?>

however this wont work in most img tags as they check the extension, ya can either use path_info or htaccess rewrite to work around it :)

thanks for the replies ok made the website but i don't see nothing on php but i see stuff to install like

PHP-Fusion

PHP-Nuke

phpBB2

phpBB3

which one do i install?

and on File Manager a made a folder and put the gifs after that I'm lost i think im doing something wrong.

thanks for the replies ok made the website but i don't see nothing on php but i see stuff to install like   

PHP-Fusion

PHP-Nuke

phpBB2

phpBB3

which one do i install?

To answer your question, whichever you want/like.  Why are you asking about forums when you don't even know how to start a website? 

and on File Manager a made a folder and put the gifs after that I'm lost i think im doing something wrong.

Well what are you doing?  Do you have any code?  What's the problem?

PHP-Fusion

PHP-Nuke

phpBB2

phpBB3

which one do i install?

To answer your question, whichever you want/like.  Why are you asking about forums when you don't even know how to start a website? 

Well what are you doing?  Do you have any code?  What's the problem?

nope don't have code yet problem is don't know where put the code  :'(. sorry about that forums thing did not know what those are.

Wut was giving by everybody is how to make a dybamic image (if its yer website).

the code I posted with lil modifcation is how to make a dynamic sig image (if its on a forum ya want to use it on)

since Aeon was able to post a php file as an image

ya use the script i gave ya, yer image host (free webserver, no ads).

and use something like [img]http://www.mywebserver.com/mysig.php[/img]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.