delay in responding

asmith

Hi,

I've told this to my site admin lot of times, Seems they can't get it right, or don't take it seriously ...

the problem is about visiting the site. when I open up a page. then I click a link (another page on same website), SOMETIMES there's delay before the page even start loading. there's some delay starting from 10-20 seconds.

I click the link, then nothing happens, my browser shows it is working, it shows that bar at the bottom, but then nothing happens for like 20 seconds or even more, then the page starts loading.

It happens like one in 5 clicks on the site.

Anyone ever had such problem?

I've checked it with different browsers, different internet connection. i've asked my users to see if they have experience same thing.

and all were the same which means the problem is not my end.

sometimes when it is delaying, If I click again on the link, then it works. its like the site show no intrest in the first click, if i click again on it, it will respond.

my domain and the host are in different companies. could it be cause of this?

Someone else told me it could be cause of an overloaded server.

Any Idea?

So annoying!

domain and host being from different companies should not be a problem.  Could be a lot of different things.  Crappy server in general, crappy server connection, server spreading resources too thin amongst other people (shared server).  Poor configuration.  List goes on.  TBH though if they "can't get it right" or else "don't take it seriously," I'd move to a different host.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.