Prevent various ways of being hacked

asmith

Hey guys

It's more than a year which I'm coding in php. I've run a few sites.

None of my sites had any problem with hacking or so.

The only thing I know about a site being hack is sql injections.  So I strictly validate every $_POST or $_GET data coming to my site.(Except html select or checkboxes $_POST coming, never validated them) and I couldn't code for more security as these are the only things I know.

lately I've seen some similar sites to mine being hacked. and it has just made me pay more attention to this field.

What other ways my site can be hacked?

Thanks

Anyway, Is there a law or something for a site get hack? I mean can you sue the hacker?

If you can prove who it is and if that person is either in the same country as you are, or in a country where the government is willing to deliver the person to your country's authorities, then yes, you can.

If you can prove who it is and if that person is either in the same country as you are, or in a country where the government is willing to deliver the person to your country's authorities, then yes, you can.

Other way to say "No, You can't".  :D

well if I can prove that the recorded ip address is the hacker's, To who? The police in his country? Will they ever take it serious? I'd rather punish the person in his own country , Not to bring him to mine ;)

Will they ever take it serious? I'd rather punish the person in his own country , Not to bring him to mine ;)

Then you have to go to a court where he is.

well if I can prove that the recorded ip address is the hacker's, To who? The police in his country?

Your best bet would probably be to contact his ISP and request that his subscription be terminated.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.