multi-line infomation in mysql field

raman

I have a table in mysql database which I had initially written as an excel file and then imported into mysql command by saving it as a csv file and then using load data local ...command.

Now I want to add a new field to the database but the problem is that the information extends into multple lines.I exemplify below:

AAAAAFFFGGVVVVVVVVV 23 34 45 67

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCNNNNNVVVV 56 76 23 90

SSSSSSSSSS 45 34 65 43

Against the total 1775 entries in the table around 1000 entries would have this type of information.

Is there any way to store this type of information ?Also the number of lines is not fixed for every entry ,it varies with every entry.

Is there any way to store this type of information ?Also the number of lines is not fixed for every entry ,it varies with every entry.

Yes there is.  Can we see the code of insertion so we can give you specific help?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.