Can you create alias columns in mysql?

Tuskony

Hey guys,

I have 3 tables I am joining in a query. One is a table with user information, the other is a Report table, and one one is a comments table.

What I am doing is allowing users to report a comment or picture for abuse. So when I am on my admin page I want to see what comments have been reported and who they were reported by. I am also looking to display information about the comment etc.

Anyway my problem lies within my joins. I am already returning the UserName column of the person who reported the comment but I also want to return the UserName of the person who wrote the comment that reported.

Can I mod the following query to make this happen?

SELECT CRID, CID, ReportByAccID, Date, UserName, CommentBy, Comment, DateTime FROM CommentReports LEFT JOIN users ON CommentReports.ReportByAccID = users.AccID LEFT JOIN truck_image_comments ON CommentReports.CID = truck_image_comments.ComID ORDER BY CRID;

IE Can I do something like UserName2 = users.UserName where users.AccID = truck_image_comments.CommentBy;

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.