Who Owns a Foder created With mkdir

grandman

Hello,

has anyone any idea who the owner is of a folder created using mkdir.

I seem to have some problem, and a friend is telling me that it's because I used mkdir to create the folder, that it will not allow me to write to it.

Anyone heard of this before? If so is there away around it?

DG

according to the php documentation mkdir creates folders using 777 permissions by default

Therefore if you have permissions to create the folder, and mkdir DOES create the folder you chould be able to write to it.

have you got safe mode on?

Note: When safe mode is enabled, PHP checks whether the directory in which the script is operating has the same UID (owner) as the script that is being executed.

according to the php documentation mkdir creates folders using 777 permissions by default

Therefore if you have permissions to create the folder, and mkdir DOES create the folder you chould be able to write to it.

have you got safe mode on?

Note: When safe mode is enabled, PHP checks whether the directory in which the script is operating has the same UID (owner) as the script that is being executed.

Hello,

Not running in safe mode, is there any way of finding who the owner is?

DG

Using your FTP client, it should tell you who the owner is.

Hello,

Tried My FTP Client and that tells me the owner in nobody? It did allow me to delete it though. will have to change my mkdir script, can anyone tell me were I put chowner in my script, before mkdir or after this function has been executed.

DG

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.