TEXT - LONG TEXT

laPistola

Do you expect your users to put more than one billion (yes billion 1'000'000'000, you were wrong with million and no one noticed until now :P ) characters into a text field? That would take some time. Like... half a life...

well the sites based on story writers (authors), a place where they can write stories save them and go back and add to them or edit them and share them with the community on the site.

although most will be short stories 50k charactors or less i did think a few might fancy themselves as long story writers (i fancied doing one) which could hit 1mil for a very long 500 page story, which is unlikely i agree

as its been pointed out its billion i dont think ill bother putting a limit or warning cus that will never be reached.

It was just something that was on my mind but thanks to you guys its not no more

Thank you!

Wow...  At the rate I'm writing a story, a 500 page story actually would be about 1kk characters x.x.  lol.

30 pages right now and 81k characters.

But yeah, to add something useful, you'll most likely run out of harddrive space before column space with a TEXT, or especially LONG TEXT field.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.