Disable self closing tags

cpd

I only use dreamweaver in Code mode and i used to agree it was awful but i now find it very easy. Reason being is ive set the workspace up so i can view all my files to the left and just click it and it also tabs it like Notepad++.

So all in all its the same as Notepad++ or Notepad etc but it has the files right next to you then has the pages your working on tabed at the top. If i can only get the self closing tags off it will be fine :)

tried it and it over complicated things so i left it. Tried notepad and it didnt work properly coz it couldnt hand large files. Tried Notepad2 and it worked wonderfully but i got annoyed at it coz when your working on several pages it opens a new window for each so i then tried Notepad++ which tabs and it was fine but it does stupid things like inndents elseif tags on its own which i didnt want etc and also i had to have a folder with all my filed open.

A friend showed me his layout for dreamweaver which has prooved to be the best out of all five. I now want to disable self closing tags and make the page extend from left to right which it doesnt do atm. It just drops a line when i dont want it to but im sure i can get it sorted.

Far easier and i find i can code quicker because theres a list of all my files to the left of dreamweaver/.

And thats my story of how i came to use dreamweaver:P

Any idea how to disable self closing tags? AHAHA

I now want to disable self closing tags [...]

Edit > Preferences > Code Hints > Close tags: Never

I now want to [...] make the page extend from left to right which it doesnt do atm. It just drops a line when i dont want it to but im sure i can get it sorted.

Edit > Preferences > Code Format > Automatic Wrapping

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.