.CGI

Brian W

what is .cgi really?

A website that I have been assigned to get working on our server has a search function in CGI and I don't even know where to begin. Basically, from what I can tell, it searches the HTML of the .html pages (or it has them already indexed)

the file is actually a .cgi, not .exe

We are running IIS7 on Windows Server 2008.

Need to know where to at least start.

Currently get this error when I post a search to it:

HTTP Error 405.0 - Method Not Allowed

The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid method (HTTP verb) is being used.

Since I've posted this, I've found that it is PERL that it uses. the application is FM SiteSearch. I've also installed ActivePerl and have it running seemingly on our test server but I have to redo it all cuz some one else broke the test server. Try again tomorrow after they have restored the system to this morning.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.