[SOLVED] Does my database structure look correct for a forum.

redarrow

Yeah, I agree that its good to know how things work on the inside, but when you've been programming for 6 years, PHP for 5, like I have, I think you deserve not to reinvent the wheel.  Rolling your own solution is a great way to learn, but when you are done learning and building real world apps it is best to reuse tried and tested solutions with nice big development communities. 

I no what your saying, in fairness i think 3rd party scripts are grate, For those that need them or

help's a programmer to get over his existing project.

But to be honest most 3rd party scripts are designed to see the response off the current script,

in the back off the mind off the programmer is the donnations or abilty to turn the current

script to something sell able.

Some off the good very good 3rd party scripts get so much donations it make your eyes pop out.

There always room for competition never give up, programming is a skill not to be lathed at,

one day those who take it serious and keep trying will get there brake gurenteed.

But to be honest most 3rd party scripts are designed to see the response off the current script,

in the back off the mind off the programmer is the donnations or abilty to turn the current

script to something sell able.

Some off the good very good 3rd party scripts get so much donations it make your eyes pop out.

First, this is irrelevant and, for the most part, false.

Secondly, the only donations open source communities usually ask for is to keep the everything running.  It's not like servers/support etc. are cheap.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.