Reading from USB port..

haku87

The fingerprint reader that i brought come with a driver and a software named BioNeta. however, i do not want to use the software to read data from the fingerprint sensor. Is php possible to make use of the driver provided to read data from the fingerprint sensor. It is installed on the server side, not client side.

php has com objects, you could use a com object connection to connect to the driver application and activate/retrieve data from it, however.. I never used com objects, and probably never will, but php.net has an example of how to communicate with microsoft word

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/class.com.php

i try it out with this code

$word = new COM("bioneta.application") or die("Unable to instantiate Word");

The software is BIONETA.exe residue at C:\QS-Tech.

however, i cannot able to make a connection.

Actually i used a DLL viewer to view the dll files that the software provided. The low-level function that i wanna to use is in Sensor.dll.. How do i make a connection to it?

MS's com interface (like many things ms) is not pretty. And no, your not likely to get much help from "SERIOUS PRO phpers". While php provides a com interface, the objects provided via com are in no way related to php.

Your best bet is to look at any documentation provided by the dll distributor, failing that, Id suggest digging around places like http://msdn.com. Good luck, com was the main reason I stopped programming asp (about 8 years ago). Closed source developers not only like to hide there object implementation but they usually write very scarce documentation as well.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.