Personal Website Feedback

Dossy

Hi

* Design doesn't look appealing

* Colours don't match (grey on green + blue)

* There isn't much content

* On the blog page, I have to scroll the frame in the middle, which means I have to target the cursor in this area, making it a lot more difficult.

* I would think it would be to have some kind of 'Submit' button on the header -> login, to the inexperienced it might not make sense, where do they click?

ILMV

Maybe add some of the header starry effect to the content or the content pattern to the header to better tie in the two visually.

Adding a background image with both starry effect and pattern might work better than the single color.

The navigation text font reminds me of the old Atari screen text (choppy). Try to match the navigation and content font.

Consider adding a contact form.

Consider beefing up your registration form.

Thanks for the replies, I can build off of them easily.

I've asked a friend to make me a new 'subwrap.png' (currently the grass), so I'm hoping to receive that shortly. The registration I know seriously needs sorting out and needs more information to be input, and probably needs CAPTCHA to stop the occasional scam registration. Giving the background a more starry feel is a good idea, I'll definitely be taking that on board. I also had some new buttons made by the same person as the banner/bottom which are similar, but I was planning to add them with the grass replacement. And as for a content form I'll go make one now!

Thanks for the constructive criticism!

Dossy.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.