PHP Motion

jiffyspop

Well yesterday I made a mod for phpmotion "YouTube"

http://www.highlol.info/

I posted this mod and in less then a hour it was removed.  :( So i was like wtf happened. I have been selling some of my little mods at phpmotion and other sites. Then wow they sent me this mesage.

frankie

Administrator

just so you know if you are selling phpmotion mods, you are not allowed

to distribute any phpmotion files that use phpmotion code, except

for template files.

as an example you convertor file is our convertor file.

So now I became confused because over 90% of people  sell mods that use php files that they have moded out. But isnt this what a mod is ???

So then I recived anouther email

well i am waiting to see what we will do about this.

your convertor file is just 1 or 2 lines of code changed.

so way over 90% of the code is our code.

in addition this is between phpmotion and you.

But i dont even use the converter in this mod. I just dont get what they are smoking lol. I am going to vear away from phpmotion and use a diff type of script and I would have to say to anybody else DO NOT USE PHPMotion My thought "I thought that they where the best but know I feel like they are the worst".  :(

What is other peoples thought on this ?

I could be wrong here but I think what they are telling you is that you took one of their files from the code and just modified it. Basically you took lets say the index.php file modded it to do something different and then are just trying to distribute it as a modded file when in actuality it is there file with some changes. If you wrote a whole different page then I am not sure why they are telling you that.

Well true I probably should of read them alot better. But If you go into there forums addon's and mods there are other people that do the same as I did. Just Don't get it lol.

yep I was just moding there php files. I was also making it so the video would convert into a mp4 or what ever format the webmaster wanted  ;D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.