max execution time

stealthmode666

Workaround for max execution time limit. I have added this line to my script at the start but to no avail.

<?php
ini_set('max_execution_time', '0');  
$to = ( isset ($_REQUEST['sendto']) ? $_REQUEST['sendto'] : "default 'to' email goes here" ); 
$from = ( isset ($_REQUEST['Email']) ? $_REQUEST['Email'] : "default 'from' email goes here" ) ; 
?>

I also tried this:

ini_set("max_execution_time", "300");  // 5 mins

I am probably missing something here, but the script stops processing after a certain point.

Any help or direction to go in?

you may not like this but i'll say it. I don't have apache or php or myadmin or sql this end, tried, but never got it to all work so gave up, not for lack of reading and trying. So I just do everything live on my host server at the moment. Annoying I know but it works for now.

This is a really big form. I can use an array to post the form no problem with every field but when I try to process it into an html table it gets to a certain point in the script then sends it.

Also I don't understand how the php script gets to a certain point, then skips the rest, yet after that point in my script it stops processing, it goes further down the script and processes that as it has to get to the header and subject and autoreply part of the script to send that.

Is there a way I can check what parts of my script are processing?

I will also see what you have above and see if it shows an error

I've been weeks on this and no joy, i've gone as far as I can with this. not able to work out what or why so I need real help. The script started from an online tutorial that I learned to modify and make work for my form. I then thought I could make it send an html formatted table in the email. but now I'm sorry, i have to admit total defeat as at a real loss. I will post the script but to say do this and do that without actually showing me will be no use. I don't even know how to make it echo a line as it runs and sends the processed form when i click submit

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.