How to show Quantity?

Stalingrad

Hello. I'm building a shops script for my website. I want to be able to show all of the items somebody has in their shop, and how many of that item they have. I've run into a little problem. I know how to show how many of the item they have, but how do I make it so that it shows only one row for that item, instead of one row for each item they have? Here's an example:

Let's say I have three pineapples.

It shows this in the stock table:

Item    Quantity    Price  Delete?

Pineapple    3          300        X

My question is, how do I get it to show like this:

Item      Quantity  Price      Delete?

I want it to show only once.

If anybody could help me out, and show me how to do this with simple PHP, I would really appreciate it, thank you! =]

It shows 3 quantity for each row because I can't merge the row into one. Like, I want it to show that I have 3 of the item. In the database, I have 3 different item id's. Each item has a unique item id. I want to show that I have three of the same item name, but three different item ids.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.