DIV boxes and multi page printing

Alith7

I have a quoting database set-up for our company, and my boss wants some changes to the viewing/printing layout. There's a signature/fine print section that he wants to print at the bottom of the page, and if the quote is multiple pages, to print at the bottom of all pages.

I have the script working to print the footer section on the bottom of both pages and that part is working. However if the quote needs to flow to multiple pages it flows OVER the footer, how do I get it to break?? ???

Here is the code so far:

<link href="styles/quote.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<style type="text/css">
<!--
.style1 {font-size: 12px}
-->
</style>
    <style type="text/css" media="print">
     #footer {display:block; position: fixed; bottom: 0;}
    </style>
</head>

<body>
<form id="view_quote" name="view_quote" method="post" action="">
<div id="header">
     Header Text
  </div>
  <div id="Quote">
     Quote info
  </div>
  <div id="footer">
     Footer info
  </div>
</form>

I don't think that will work.

I need a way to make the div box with the Quote data see a page break BEFORE the div box for the footer that's on every page.

Maybe a way to get it to break after so many pixels or cm??

Css 2.0 enables you to specify a specific stylesheet for printing! Use this to your advantage. You can change the entire look and contents of your page with some creative use of this stylesheet alternative!  ;)

I recommend reading about the print media for stylesheets on google.com

I'll try looking into it more.

that is what I'm using, in a way, however I want the footer section to print on every page (which it is), but it's not page breaking the content box in the right place so the text is flowing -behind- the footer box.

anyone have any ideas on how to force the break?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.