[SOLVED] Using PHP With An API To Get Specific Results

jj20051

I have an API full of phone calls made to my 1-800 number last year. What I would like to do is strip off all of the calls that: were duplicates, were calls made by one of my 3 phones to test, lasted less than 15 seconds or calls made out side 1 of 4 area codes. I realize no one person has the awnswer to all of this. So I would love some pointers and advice. ( If you want to write something to help me, that would be awsome! )

The API URL: http://www.tollfreeforwarding.com/api/?u=schuldr&p=kingdom&format=html&rangeStart=20080101&rangeEnd=20081231&timezone=-6

If you want me to write it, you should post this in the freelance section and let me know how much moola you will pay me.  Now if you want help writing it we will give that to you free. 

Why don't you just ask us how to do a single thing? or try doing something yourself and tell us how it failed.

example like this mate

<<<<< means database format example.

ID <<<<<<

Number <<<<<<<

Dialed <<<<<<<

Calling From <<<<<<

Forwarded To <<<<<

Start Call <<<<<

End Call <<<<<

Duration <<<<<

Code  <<<<<

There is no database involved redarror. Read the post.

Personally I wouldn't use php for this. Sounds more like a job for bash, grep and awk. I can point you to a few awk tutorials but other than that, I don't have much.

Just because something is possible one way does not mean that said way is the best way ;p.

Anyway, don't take this the wrong way, but uhh... do you know any PHP at all?  This isn't very hard unless there's something I'm missing.  Do you have a specific question, or do you not know where to start?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.