[SOLVED] Is there a Way to Capture MAC Addresses?

limitphp

well do you mean on a local network or across the internet?

it is possible to do so on a local network but i don't think php has the power to.

but across the internet it is impossible MAC address are used only on Ethernet lan's and son when you send a packet across the internet as soon as it leaves your home/work network it proberly goes over say a ADSL connection using PPP and all your MAC information is useless from here so is lost and the packet travels purely by IP address

Scott.

well do you mean on a local network or across the internet?

it is possible to do so on a local network but i don't think php has the power to.

but across the internet it is impossible MAC address are used only on Ethernet lan's and son when you send a packet across the internet as soon as it leaves your home/work network it proberly goes over say a ADSL connection using PPP and all your MAC information is useless from here so is lost and the packet travels purely by IP address

Scott.

I meant across the internet....

thanks for the info.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.