• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 play_

play_
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 717 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:31 AM

I know there is a sister site to this, ajaxfreaks.com, but that site is not as active as this one.
So, since we already have Javascript/HTML/CSS forums, why not add Ajax to php freaks too? Perhaps blend it with the Javascript forums, so it's Javascript/Ajax, CSS, HTML.
regex.kat.sh --- regex library
u.kat.sh ---- url shortener
tabbit.org ---- tabbed pastebin

#2 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts
  • LocationOk

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:46 AM

If we did that people would just end up posting in it instead of AJAXFreaks. I will see if I can link a forum board to the AJAXFreaks site though.

#3 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:27 PM

If we had meant to work that into this site, we would have.  I think the idea is that as AJAX grows as a technology, more people will find the need for a website like ajaxfreaks.com.  What if phpfreaks had started out on an HTML site as a sub-board??

Info: PHP Manual

#4 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:36 PM

i'll agree with ober and steelman, but man i have to tell you that as of right now, ajaxfreaks.com sucks.  I posted there and the last time i checked, about a day before the site went down, nobody had responded to my post...or to any other posts there, for that matter... and i had posted about a week prior.  That place is DEAD. 

To be honest though, I don't think that ajaxfreaks is going to really get all that big.  AJAX might get more and more popular, but AJAX in and of itself is not all that indepth.  Now, I bet there are lots of new and neato things people are gonna come up with, as far as making different types of forms, pages, backend stuff, etc.. but that's all JS or PHP, not the AJAX part.  I think there are just gonna end up being a lot of questions that have nothing to do with the actual AJAX part...

so i guess overall i'd have to agree with play_ in that maybe ajax should be included on phpfreaks.com and if it does grow into the monster you guys believe it will become, then move it.
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users