Remove Code

Lol5916

Ok so I have something on my index.php like:

<?php
$filename = "install.php";
if (file_exists($filename)) {
echo "Site cannot be executed until the site is installed. <br> <a href="install.php">Click here to install site</a>";
die;
} else {
REMOVETHISCODE
?>

If else is ran how do I get it to remove every line above it until it's at the top of the file, OR how do I get it to remove that php?

should be die();

Actually if you're not doing anything within the parenthesis they are option so die; is fine...

@ Lol5916

So once your code is installed you go to index.php and do;

<?php
$filename = "install.php";
if (file_exists($filename)) {
echo "Site cannot be executed until the site is installed. <br> <a href="install.php">Click here to install site</a>";
die;
} else {
REMOVETHISCODE

And the first time that runs successfully you want to delete those lines so it never does the check again?

My heads telling me the quick answer is no, because you'll be executing a script on the file that the script is running from. So as it start to write the file (without your lines) it will basically kill itself and leave you with a blank index.php

Seeing as the insignificance of the few lines of code why not just leave them in....

<?php
if (file_exists("install.php")) { echo "Site cannot be executed until the site is installed. <br> <a href="install.php">Click here to install site</a>"; die; }

REMOVETHISCODE

You can just make it the first line of the page

Actually, if you really want to get rid of it I think I've found away.

The first time index.php runs successfully you push it to another page

header('Location: sort_index.php');

then sort_index.php write the index file and deletes itself.

though i still dont think its necessary

Is a syntax error....

echo "Site cannot be executed until the site is installed. <br> <a href=\"install.php\">Click here to install site</a>";

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.