Program on and off on the web host computer

snazy2000

Hi all

i want to make a script that i can turn a program on and off by pressing a butten and people login  so that not just any 1 can turn then on and off and more than 1 server can be done on 1 account and they can press on or off but it detects if the prigram is on or of first bu(if any 1 is worryed about this dont be because i host my own websites on my server box) i want toi do this because i run game servers

Can any 1 help?

or give me a code that has already been made

Thx  steve

Hrmmmm, under Windows, I'm not quite sure how to make exec not hang on the program.

Under linux, it would simply be exec('someprogram &');, but as far as I know, there is not a Windows version of &.  You could pipe the output to nul, but that wouldn't accomplish anything since the program would continue to run.

Perhaps you could code a small C (or something) program that would spawn another program and exit....  Hrmmm...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.