[SOLVED] Relationships in MySQL

LiamH

Hi again all.

In SQL Server for example, if you have 2 tables that have a relationship together, you use Reference to make this relationship. Is there anything in MySQL that does the same thing? I am aware of JOIN, but I understand this is just for joining data when running a SELECT statement?

Thanks

Thanks a lot. I thought there would be something, but the books I have for some reason don't mention REFERENCE

It very well could be they were writing it designed for Mysql 3.x, and in that version InnoDB was not enabled by default.

That and really a lot of people disregard that cause it makes it a "headache" for some stuff to do.

Doing it without the relationship makes stuff a bit simpler when it comes to some tasks, when it comes to others, such as removing a whole section and having it cascade down it makes it a ton easier.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.