Automatic Numbers

Cooper94

Ok I want it so when a person joins my website they will be assigned something called a callsign which is more or less like numbers and letters. I would like the system to automatilcy know what "callsign" is next on the line so say the last person who joined got the "callsign" RPA100 so the next person who joins is it possible for the system to know to set the next user who joins too RPA101? I hope I made this clear enough if not please say so and will answer them to the best of my ability.

Thank You

Uhhh....  What version of PHP are you using?  It shouldn't require that.

$_SESSION and session_register shouldn't be mixed.

In

$id = $_SESSION[id];

by the way, id should be 'id' since unquoted strings are assumed to be constants, and there is not an id constant.

Session_register is deprecated as of PHP 5.3 and it will not be included in PHP6.  $_SESSION became the preferred method in what ever version of PHP it was added, and how I understand it, session_register is there now for compatibility.

I thought sessions were used when a member is logged in ??? I am not sure if you understand my question I would like to know how would it know what "callsign" to make it when someone REGISTERS with the site. Basicly istead of the admin chosing it when they accept them it is already chosen by the system. Say the last person was marked as RPA100 the next would be RPA101.

Thank You

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.