Picture in database

xionhack

Hello. I have a database with a table called "member_info" in that table is all the info about the member. I want to be able to display with the name of the member, their picture. I just dont know how to save the pictures in the database or how should I do the process of updating or inserting pictures for new members. Can somebody help me? It's the first time that I work with php/mysql and pictures. Thanks!

It is probably a better idea to not store the images in your database. Assuming that each member will have one picture and that your database table for members each have a unique id...then you can store the pictures on the file system and have the pictures named with their id.(ext)

When you upload a photo (go to the database) and grab that users unique id ( we will use this when renaming the picture ).

Do you have the upload functionality working yet?

With this function----->

move_uploaded_file ( string $filename , string $destination )

See----> http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.move-uploaded-file.php for help you can rename the file as part of the destination string using that members unique id that you grabbed from the database.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.