Best way to do this?

bncplix

Ok, what I am making is a login system where people can login, and add their friends from this online mmorpg game. When they are on their main page after logging in, it selects their friends from a database, connects to the mmorpg site to that specific game world and checks if the player is in the list If they are, they are online so it gets dislayed.

So far it is perfectly working for one world. I can easily make it look up each player, determine the world, then load that world list and check, but this has to be done for every player. What would the best way be to store the players of the same world (that is found when they add them) all together so i can load the list of one world and check them all at once, instead of repeated loading of the site?

I prefer not to make 72 new tables in the database

Any suggestions are appreciated

Thanks

Additional info: I am currently storing the players friends in the database part for the user they are logged in as. They are comma seperated and then split later on to ensure the same one isnt being added twice

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.

I am currently storing the players friends in the database part for the user they are logged in as. They are comma seperated and then split later on to ensure the same one isnt being added twice

And this was even more confusing.  Start again.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.