[SOLVED] Centering Text in IE7 TH Element?

VikR

I have text in a table header element that is centered correctly in Firefox/XP, Firefox/Mac, and Safari/Mac, but on IE7/XP, it isn't centered. Here's a link to the demo:

http://tinyurl.com/c3kj6g

The text I am trying to center is "Clear All", "Save This", and "Friendly Helper". (screen shot attached).

table-header-anomaly.jpg

What is the correct way to get this text to center in IE7?

Thanks very much in advance to all for any info.

Just a stab. Did you try adding text-align center to your th "TopOfTable" div?

Also, just an fyi, without javascript on you've got various issues, not to mention the problems in IE6.

Edit: I didnt notice the text that's there telling me to turn javascript on.

Thanks for checking out the page. Yes, I do have text-align: center on my top of table div. That's what's so odd.

There's also a notice to IE6 users saying that a later version of IE is required to access the site. It may not show up on the demo, but it's on the live site.

Honestly, I saw the link.  I was expecting you to post the relative code for the table and css that goes with it, not expect people to search that ridiculously long style sheet.

But, i did take a quick look and would guess that your problem is

.spinner_goes_here

being set to 100px;  Try removing that to humor me.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.