[SOLVED] Very strange, or am i just stupid?

iSpeedDevil!

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /customers/mafiabossworld.com/mafiabossworld.com/httpd.www/information_bar.php on line 3

Line 1 to 5 :

<br /><br />
<?php if($newmail == 0){ 
echo "<a href='mailbox.php' onfocus=\"if(this.blur)this.blur()\"><marquee width=\"100%\"><b><font color="red">You have a new message.</marquee></a></font>";}	
?>
<fieldset style="color: #999999; border: 1px solid #000000; width: 90%; text-align: left; padding: 5px;"><legend style="color: #999999; font-weight: bold;">Character Information. ( <?php echo date("H:i:s");  ?> )</legend>

Any help to get here? =)

See the blue word 'red' in the code you posted? It should be red... just like all other characters in the string.

I mean. You start the string with ". You end the string with ". So what to do with " inside a string? (that's your homework ;) )

See the blue word 'red' in the code you posted? It should be red... just like all other characters in the string.

I mean. You start the string with ". You end the string with ". So what to do with " inside a string? (that's your homework ;) )

Considering he has already done this with the other "'s around attribute values.

It's weird making the quote symbol plural...

It's weird making the quote symbol plural...

Only when you don't do it properly - 2 * apple != apple's

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...

Thanks professor gethinw.  I'm a software developer, so my grammar skills are little to none.  Besides, that stuff is for QA.  :P

In any case, it's perfectly valid to use an apostrophe after a character/symbol if is clarifies meaning. For example, if i were to be talking about the letter a (and, in particular, if there was some reason why i should only be using lowercase) and i want to talk about lots of them, it would almost certainly be better to use "a's" than "as".

In any case, it's perfectly valid to use an apostrophe after a character/symbol if is clarifies meaning. For example, if i were to be talking about the letter a (and, in particular, if there was some reason why i should only be using lowercase) and i want to talk about lots of them, it would almost certainly be better to use "a's" than "as".

Ben is right, sorry professor gethinw you're wrong...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.