Adding a button to PHP main page

dmac

I run this website and here is a screen shot of where i would like to add the button

addbutton.png

I am familiar enough with HTTP but not so much with PHP

I could use the name of a good shareware editor

Aswell as what page or pages and how i can go about adding a Button for a link in that area

I want to just add a button to another section of the website i have called the Garage

Thanks for anyhelp at all

This sounds linke HTML only, in other words no need for PHP here. If the button's only function is to link to another place, no need for PHP.

Yes i want to add the button on my index.php page

Not sure what files i have to access to make this change

Any steps would help alot

Thanks

Most forums break the layout of the site into smaller files called templates which normally contains just HTML/CSS along with some basic PHP code. If you tell us what forum your running we may be able to tell which if these template files you'll need to modify.

Also what do you want to happen when you click your button?

Why not position it using div?

But make sure that the page does not change shape, otherwise, the button will be on the top of other things

So, here is what i mean

<div style="position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px;">BUTTON_GOES_HERE</div>

Simply put the button HTML where is says BUTTON_GOES_HERE

To control the position of the button, simply play with the numbers which are currently set to 0 & 0

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.