Website re-design project, any crits before I start to develop??

geenee

Hi all,

Just re-designed an old clients website and wanted to see if anyone had any critiscism of the new site idea before I start developing it.

I'm going to develop the site on Drupal 6.9 and use some jQuery animation effects for the banner on the front page for those who are interested.

The design is just a flat image at the moment: http://www.taxivansuk.org/new/Version-2.6.jpg

All comments appreciated! Thanks

Looks pretty decent IMO. I think the thing that does seem kind of odd is the panel border surrounding what appears to be the Testimonials section. It's the square top border part that fades off on the sides. This kind of breaks the flow of things to me (and of course, this is strictly subjective). I would perhaps toy with the idea of removing that border graphic, and as a result, add some more top and bottom margin spacing to help section it off a bit, with perhaps the 'Testimonials' headline just above it (or something to that effect).. If you do want some sort of graphic that helps split this section off, perhaps some thin, less wide, yet stylish divider line or something?

I'm just seeing things from a 'eye flowing' standpoint.. it that square border seems to snap that IMO. Other than that though, it seems pretty good to me.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.