not sure if its linux issue or mysql

james_4k2

Hi,

I am new to mysql , unix. I have a serer with PHP, MYSQL and linux in it. Additionally i have to install an apllication which tells me that i have to make sure mysql shared object is included in my platform's dynamiclibraray load path and export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/mysql and I have no idea what is that and how to do that. please check this link

http://www.interfaceware.com/manual/mysql_unix_iguana_older.html

please help me if someone knows about the solution. oh my mysql version is 5.0.45

I have also posted this in the mysql section because i was not sure which is the right place for it. Sorry about that

thanks

hi James well all that means is that it needs to access MySQL and as it is using the LD_LIBRARY_PATH which means it needs to access the "libmysqlclient_r.so" file.

U can search for it and then u know what path to use as you not posted what Linux system its hard to guess as all change try /usr/lib/mysql/lib

Hope that helps

MICR0

You have to create an environment variable.  This is usually done in the bashrc file.  What linux distro are you using?  General steps:

vim ~/.bashrc

Add the env var:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/user/lib/mysql/lib'

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.