Showing the Client in a few days need suggestions

mike12255

So im suposed to be showing my client this website in a few days. I am aware that about us and find us are both broken links, they will be last minute fixes. Right now im looking for suggestions on how to make the design look better, and how 'user friendly' it is.

http://schoolworkanswers.com/nifty/

also if you could tell me what you think of the administation panel that would be nice.

- feel free to add products and catagories, dont upload php files or anything this is not a security test i know i'd fail that

- please dont delete user accounts.

http://schoolworkanswers.com/nifty/admin

Username: test

password: test

You have major SQL injection holes...a knowledgeable hacker could drop your database tables

Unknown table 'DROP TABLE thisdoesNotExist'

^ Id sya that is more important though :)

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DELETE FROM unknownTableHere

Page broken completely

http://schoolworkanswers.com/nifty/shop.php?c=24&p=%60cat_id%60%20=%201

So im suposed to be showing my client this website in a few days. I am aware that about us and find us are both broken links, they will be last minute fixes. Right now im looking for suggestions on how to make the design look better, and how 'user friendly' it is.

http://schoolworkanswers.com/nifty/

also if you could tell me what you think of the administation panel that would be nice.

- feel free to add products and catagories, dont upload php files or anything this is not a security test i know i'd fail that

- please dont delete user accounts.

http://schoolworkanswers.com/nifty/admin

Username: test

password: test

The administration portion looks and feels more professional than the rest of the site.

The biggest problem I have is the homepage.  Users are there to shop, not read about shopping.

The store itself is incredibly bland.  You have a wonderful looking site, but in the middle of the page are a few categories/products that just don't have any life to them.  Try playing around with the font, or overall layout, because right now it looks like a data dump with very little effort used in trying to make it presentable.

You have background image tiling issues.  You need to fix this.  If you're wondering what I'm talking about, look at the description of the first item you have for sale. the Baby BanZ sunglasses.

I cant do much about the index.php the client paid somone to design it and she likes it. As for the catagories section, well thats why i posted here i have no idea how to make that look nice. As for the tiling issue i have found that and will fix it as soon as i get some more time.

Thanks

I think your client will really like the admin part. Its simple and straight forward. She will be able to use it in seconds.

The home page design looks nice too. But then once you get to the products its a bit of a dissapointment. I dont think the standard link style text helps.

Theres nothing really to entice a browser to make a purchase. If I was to be really harsh I would even say people probably wont buy anything from it. Partly due to the lack of products and general content. But also because there is not one item there that jumps out, or is on offer. What you could do is put a couple of products on the home page as like special offers and make them really stand out. I would seriously consider adding more products and also offering delivery options. Maybe even throw in free delivery for some items.

Sorry to be harsh but please take it as constructive critisiscm. You might want to ask your client for a few extra days to polish it off, they would much prefere a finished piece to one that is half empty. They should understand. I know clients though can be really impatient but it just doesnt help them in the long run.

Anyway good luck with it.

p.s. You want to know how to improve the product section? Add more items if you can, have slightly bigger images. Also if you can try to cut away the background in the images so there is just the outline of the product itself. and contain the selections in a fancy border, and dont use standard black font for the price. Make prices slightly larger and that pink colour used on the home page. Just try to blend it in. Hope these are suggestions you are after.

I think your client will really like the admin part. Its simple and straight forward. She will be able to use it in seconds.

The home page design looks nice too. But then once you get to the products its a bit of a dissapointment. I dont think the standard link style text helps.

Theres nothing really to entice a browser to make a purchase. If I was to be really harsh I would even say people probably wont buy anything from it. Partly due to the lack of products and general content. But also because there is not one item there that jumps out, or is on offer. What you could do is put a couple of products on the home page as like special offers and make them really stand out. I would seriously consider adding more products and also offering delivery options. Maybe even throw in free delivery for some items.

Sorry to be harsh but please take it as constructive critisiscm. You might want to ask your client for a few extra days to polish it off, they would much prefere a finished piece to one that is half empty. They should understand. I know clients though can be really impatient but it just doesnt help them in the long run.

Anyway good luck with it.

p.s. You want to know how to improve the product section? Add more items if you can, have slightly bigger images. Also if you can try to cut away the background in the images so there is just the outline of the product itself. and contain the selections in a fancy border, and dont use standard black font for the price. Make prices slightly larger and that pink colour used on the home page. Just try to blend it in. Hope these are suggestions you are after.

Ok thanks. Ill edit this after i finish up some other things i got going atm and post back in a few hours asking for your opinion again

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.