How to get a toolbar for an email form ?

tmyonline

Hi guys,

I have created a form that allows people to send mails.  I would like to incorporate an existing tool bar into this email form so that people can bold text, italize text, underline text, align left, align center, select text color, font-size, font-style, create bullets (ordered or unordered lists), insert links, images, smiley,..., similar to the tool bar of this email form that I'm typing in.  Is there any JavaScript library or code snippet that offers such a tool bar and how to incorporate it to my email form ?  Any ideas ?  Thanks so much.

Hi guys,

I have created a form that allows people to send mails.  I would like to incorporate an existing tool bar into this email form so that people can bold text, italize text, underline text, align left, align center, select text color, font-size, font-style, create bullets (ordered or unordered lists), insert links, images, smiley,..., similar to the tool bar of this email form that I'm typing in.  Is there any JavaScript library or code snippet that offers such a tool bar and how to incorporate it to my email form ?  Any ideas ?  Thanks so much.

Hmm...I'm not sure if there's a JavaScript-only solution.  Have you tried looking at website text editors like TinyMCE?  You can embed it into your site (with a bit of work), and it should do what you want.

Thanks Nightslyr,

Johnson, thanks.  I tried the FCKeditor before.  It worked well locally on my machine but when I uploaded it to the server, there was a problem, can't recall what the error was.  Maybe I'll try it again someday.  In the meantime, I think the tool bar should be part of some JavaScript library because it's widely used.  Hymn, I'm wondering if there is another one out there beside the FCKeditor.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.