www.atlanticsurfco.co.za - would appreciate feedback

atlantic

You should include the link in your post so that people don't have to retype / select, copy and paste the url from the thread header into their browsers.

http://www.atlanticsurfco.co.za/

Overall, I like the look / layout. Just a few things to consider...

- You site doesn't validate.

- Nor does your css.

- You should test on all major browsers including Chrome and Safari. In Chrome, your layout breaks a bit.

- Developing for 800 pixel wide screens is going the way of the dinos.. I would consider developing for 1024. Gives your site more breathing room.

- Careful with the travel page. You added an additional top menu that IMO looks out of place, and breaks it's alignment (a layout that is 1024 pixels wide would help remedy this). The plain link list beneath this looks unfinished. I think this whole page needs some reworking, as you also have images and content butting right up against each other. Looks like the page is missing some CSS or something. EDIT - Looks much better in Firefox.. so these comments are directed towards Chrome.

- Same goes for Accomodations..(when viewed in Chrome) images / text butt right up against the content edge and eachother. Looks great in Firefox though. Again, you should test this in all major browsers IMO.

- The Gallery page is a completely different look from the rest of the site.. It feels as though it doesn't belong. As a result, the continuity is broken. I would keep the same gui look / layout.

nrg_alpha gives pretty good details on most critiques, so I'll echo pretty much what he said even though I skimmed it. Definitely consider using a wider format, even though that is probably not feasible at this point. The flash banner is a little cheesy for my taste.  A simple random image on load would suffice and not be annoying, yet still keep people engaged by new content/imagery. Is the digg button really necessary?  A cool beach type background might fit in nicely, but you'd have to work it into the overall design. I like the menu concept, very easy and you can find where you are going without even having to read. Overall, not bad.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.