[SOLVED] 2 C++ related questions

1) I have been studying/playing with C++ for awhile.  However I have always been curious how to go above and beyond command line applications (which is all I can write currently) and start developing windows applications (and eventually making them compatible with MAC, Unix, and Linux).  Basically this is the general code below i have seen in a variety of places.

However this code throws a variety of errors..is there a way to make this code work.

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,
	   HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
  		   LPSTR lpCmdLine,
  		   int nCmdShow);

[errors]

1>c:\users\businessman332211\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\windows application start\windows application start\windows application start\index.cpp(1) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'WinMain'

1>c:\users\businessman332211\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\windows application start\windows application start\windows application start\index.cpp(1) : error C2065: 'HINSTANCE' : undeclared identifier

1>c:\users\businessman332211\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\windows application start\windows application start\windows application start\index.cpp(1) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'hInstance'

1>c:\users\businessman332211\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\windows application start\windows application start\windows application start\index.cpp(1) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

1>c:\users\businessman332211\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\windows application start\windows application start\windows application start\index.cpp(4) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'

[/errors]

2) What is the difference between a "Struct" and a "Function" in C++. I have seen a few examples where Struct is used instead of Function?

If by "Windows Applications," you mean applications that are coded using the Windows API for graphical stuff, then good luck making those compatible with Mac/linux.  The Windows API is just on Windows ;p.  But nevertheless, I wish I were good with the WinAPI :(.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.