Neko-Network Review Site

Well you're obviously fairly new to web design so I'll go easy, but to be honest, it's pretty awful. What actually is neko network by the way?

Use of such frames in my opinion are a big no-no! Bright blue links on a black background? Strains the eyes! The distorted animation underneath the welcome message is tacky. The HTML is broken and doesn't validate. Most links open into another window or to third-party sites/scripts - it's very unusable.

Sorry but, I wouldn't stay on your site for more than a few seconds.

I would agree with the previous post. If you are thinking of using a content management system like joomla I would suggest learning as much css as you can. Joomla is a good cms however if you are planning on customizing it be prepared for a learning experience. Wordpress is a good cms, more of a blog than anything else but much easier to customize especially if you are still learning. Drupal is another cms like joomla, do your research on them and make sure you are prepared to do your research.

Technically its not my site, it belongs to a friend of mine through IRC and well he asked me to create a design in PHP and works with MySQL. But as for what Neko-Network is you'll just have you ask him yourself. Here's his email address off the site: Sakura@neko-network.net. He's mostly on the server's IRC network that's currently running on Cartoon-World. His nick is Sakura`Kinomoto.

Think you're expecting too much if you expect people to join irc servers etc.

Like the first banner better than the second, neither is easy to read though. a Fatter font would help. In the second the neko (cat) bit is hard to see as well.

And like the other says, frames are something you nearly always want to avoid.

Also encountering quite a few 404 errors etc when trying to browse the page, overal not my type of site.

as for what Neko-Network is you'll just have you ask him yourself.

I wasn't actually trying to find out what Neko-Network is, but more point out the fact that after a minute or so of browsing the site I still had no idea - and left without knowing, obviously never to go back.

http://www.indextree.com/blog/web-design/top-ten-worst-design-mistakes.html - to be honest I'd have put frames on that list, and contrasting colours making it harder to read text.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.