upload excel file docs to server for click and view

jalen

Could someone provide suggestion, code examples or advice on if I can upload an excel file with PHP and MYSQL and display this file on the server so when someone go to this server can click on this file and open the excel document for view. 

Just like when someone is using email to send an excel file, and the person who received it could click on this file and open it for view.  So instead of emailing it, I would like to have this upload to the server, could this be done?

I have done uploaded pics with php and mysql with success, but when doing upload with files such as excel, it uploaded successfully but the upload is not a file that can be click and view but just blanks.  thanks

when doing upload with files such as excel, it uploaded successfully but the upload is not a file that can be click and view but just blanks.  thanks
If you want to render the Excel file as though it was HTML, then you'd need a library to convert from XLS to HTML

• 1 month later...

http://uk3.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.post-method.php

once you have uploaded just put a link to it in your html

yea, I did that and some files are able to click and download but most of them can't and gives this error message

Not Found

The requested URL /EXCEL/NEW was not found on this server.

do you know why, is it the way my link is set up?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.