Small Hardware store site

ambo

Seems to be coming along pretty good.

For the new site, my suggestions so far would be to remove the video unless it is absolutely necessary, and move away from the bright red text on the white background.  It isn't very readable and just doesn't seem to match very well with the overall color scheme of the site.

Just some personal opinions, but I hope to see how it evolves.  Good luck with it.

It's too big for 800x600 but has some space to spare at 1024x768.

Either center aligning it or using up all the space on 1024x768 would improve its looks imo.

Also a personal preference, I think the logo's would look better in a row along the bottom. Though I guess that news section is going to fill up making it look less empty then it is atm.

Not seeing a logo along the top?

Why the use of a <DD> for the content? Looks like <p> content, <DD> is not going to do you any good anyways if not used in conjunction with <dl> and <dt>. (In this case it still wouldn't make sense given the contents however).

Why the table based layout? Doesn't seem like a design that would be hard to pull off using divs.

Use of <h3> for menu captions is a good idea, where is the h1/h2 though?

Think overall you asked to early as it seems like something that has work to be done.

Font used doesn't look good.

The brand images are of a poor quality.

The black menu bars on the left nav don't look like they are actual links.

Your modular headings should be more obvious to split the areas up - brands, news.

The overall design doesn't look like a hardware store theme but I can see you have a lot left to do. Use proper CSS for layout and validate your HTML through W3C

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.