[SOLVED] Need help

LOUDMOUTH

I have this as my reply message code it inserts the dashes as a line break to separate the Original message from the reply.  How can I get rid of the dashes and just have 2 break lines instead?

\n ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ \n

<td width='85%' colspan='3'><textarea name='msgtext' cols='53' rows='7'><?php echo ($_GET['reply'] != "") ? " \n ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ \n ".$worked2['msgtext'] : "";  ?></textarea></td>

I think iarp may have misread your post, I don't think <hr> is what you need (unless I've misread your post :P)

Instead of;

<td width='85%' colspan='3'><textarea name='msgtext' cols='53' rows='7'><?php echo ($_GET['reply'] != "") ? " \n ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ \n ".$worked2['msgtext'] : "";  ?></textarea></td>

Have:

<td width='85%' colspan='3'><textarea name='msgtext' cols='53' rows='7'><?php echo ($_GET['reply'] != "") ? "<br><br>".$worked2['msgtext'] : "";  ?></textarea></td>

<td width='85%' colspan='3'><textarea name='msgtext' cols='53' rows='7'><?php echo ($_GET['reply'] != "") ? "\r\n \r\n".$worked2['msgtext'] : "";  ?></textarea></td>

Give that a try and see what comes of it. (Granted \n\n should have worked unless you are not making it clear on exactly what you want).

Here is what I mean.  in the first image it shows you the dashes it enters into the text area.

in the second is the view of a reply and as you can see it enters those dashes, i just want it to be a blank space in between the message and reply :)

sample.jpg

sample2.jpg

Here is the View message page, where would I add the nl2br code?

<?
include 'header.php';
?>
<tr><td class="contenthead">Mailbox</td></tr>
<tr><td class="contentcontent">
<table width='100%'>
<?
$result = mysql_query("SELECT * from `pms` WHERE `id`='".$_GET['id']."'");
$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
     $from_user_class = new User($row['from']);
if ($_GET['id'] != ""){
    if (strtoupper($row['to']) == strtoupper($user_class->username)) {
    echo "
					<tr>
						<td width='15%'>Subject:</td>
						<td width='45%'>".$row['subject']."</td>
						<td width='15%'>Sender:</td>

<td width='25%'>".$from_user_class->formattedname."</td>
					</tr>
					<tr>
						<td>Recieved:</td>
						<td colspan='3'>".date(F." ".d.", ".Y." ".g.":".i.":".sa,$row['timesent'])."</td>
					</tr>
					<tr>

<td colspan='3' class='textm'><b>Message</b>:<br><br>".wordwrap($row['msgtext'], 100, "\n", 1)."
				    	</td>
					</tr>
					<tr>
					<td colspan='4' align='center'><a href='pms.php?delete=".$row['id']."'>Delete</a> | <a href='pms.php?reply=".$row['id']."'>Reply</a></td>
					</tr>
					<tr>
						<td colspan='4' align='center'><a href='pms.php'>Back To Mailbox</a></td>
					</tr>

";
$result2 = mysql_query("UPDATE `pms` SET `viewed` = '2' WHERE `id`='".$row['id']."'");
}
}
?>

</table>
</td></tr>
<?
include 'footer.php';
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.