[SOLVED] Concat();

denoteone

I am trying to add the variable $visitor_page to the field "v_page" where the field "visitor_ip" is equal to $visitor_ip and field "visitor_day" is equal to $visitor_day  this is what I think would work but I it not working and I am not getting any php errors.

$sql_con = concat(v_page,'$visitor_page') WHERE visitor_ip = '$visitor_ip' AND visitor_date = '$visitor_day';

$result = mysql_query($sql_con) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);

Are tryin to assign the value of $visitor_page to the column "v_page" where visitor_ip = '$visitor_ip' AND visitor_date = '$visitor_day' or just read the data from the table?

In case of assign. Use an update

$sql_con = "update 'my_table' set v_page='$visitor_page.' where visitor_ip = '$visitor_ip' AND visitor_date = '$visitor_day';

I am still not there. I know this is where the issue is can anyone see what I am doing wrong?

$sql_con = "UPDATE 'visitor_list' SET visitor_page = CONCAT(visitor_page,'$visitor_page') WHERE visitor_ip = '$visitor_ip' AND visitor_day = '$visitor_day'";

$result = mysql_query($sql_con) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);

I got it working it was the sql statement.

$sql_con = "UPDATE visitor_list SET visitor_page = CONCAT(visitor_page,'$visitor_page') WHERE visitor_ip = '$visitor_ip' AND visitor_day = '$visitor_day'";

thanks everyone for your help

i had quotes around my table name. LOL  I didn't need them there.  I wasn't getting the mysql error because I didn't know I had to have php errors on to see them.

Oh I see.  Many people tend to use backticks ` but they are only needed when you're using a reserved word for a table name or field.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.