Recieving xml from AS3

lixroz

Hey all - thanks in advance!

Ok - this is the scene :

i'm building a php web service that will receive requests ( in the form of XML )from my flash app - example request <request type="foo"/> and return results also in the same style. 

The as3 and php are communicating successfully BUT when I try retrieve the

$_POST or $_REQUEST data sent by the flash app i get nothing.  I have managed to retrieve the data by using

file_get_contents('php://input')

But this gives me a string that i assume is simply in a different encoding - this is what the previous line of code returns :

request=%3Crequest%20type%3D%22foo%22%2F%3E

I understand that there is a process of variable name/data pairing that occurs at some stage in the flash app because of the method that i'm using to send the data (URLVariables) and the result is the preceding "request=" in the string...

(*sigh*) i'm sure that this is an issue of encoding conflicts and i also get the feeling that this is a simple fix - but i cant seem to get past this issue.

My goal is to extract the attribute "type" to be switch cased but when i send this string to the SimpleXML constructor or simplexml_load_string functions i get this error :

<br />

<b>Warning</b>:  simplexml_load_string() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-string'>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in <b>/var/www/flashresponder.php</b> on line <b>7</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>:  simplexml_load_string() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-string'>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]: request=%3Crequest%20type%3D%22foo%22%2F%3E in <b>/var/www/flashresponder.php</b> on line <b>7</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>:  simplexml_load_string() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-string'>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]: ^ in <b>/var/www/flashresponder.php</b> on line <b>7</b><br />

Basically my question is this ;

How can i get the XML in its original format to be parsed? And what reasons would prevent me from being able to use the simple technique of  $_POST / $_REQUEST??

I hope that i have been clear in presenting my question and provided enough surrounding info - if further clarification is needed i'll be more than happy to add it.

Once again thank you in advance!

You want those %20 etc to convert to their normal values? (%20 being a space character iirc).

Use PHP's URL decode function.

Clueless as to why it wouldn't show up in $_POST or $_REQUEST though, did you try print_r( $_POST ) to see what is actually in there?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.