Review my new website

ankur0101

• The menu

• The links "Vastu for Shopping Complex & Commercial Arcades" and the "Vastu for Hotel Complex" links cover the bullet image in Firefox 3.

• Why is there so much empty space on the left anyways? Makes the 'main' content on the right feel cramped.

• The page you're on loses it's "seperating" border, is that intended? I'd rather see it tbh.

[*]You should use labels instead of divs for text describing the form input fields on the left

[*]As someone will point out sooner or later, your XHTML does not validate . Although it seems fast and easy enough to fix.

[*]My personal preference is to make 'big logos' at the top always lead you back to the startpage. In your case the easiest way would probably be to float a big clickable area infront of it.

[*]Your contact form

• Is lacking labels. (like the form on the left)
    • Layout of the form could easily be done without tables making the document a bit simpler. (Still haven't decided whether or not it makes sense for a form to be in table)
    • *  Please enter the text and numbers you see in the image bellow:
      It's "below" not "bellow")

[*]The google adds are distracting, place it above the the page content title

[*]Think you're missing some heading for the text on your pages.. paragraphs just start about something completely else then the paragraph before it.

[*]http://www.vastukarta.com/testimonials.php float the entire text to the image, looks strange with that much whitespace.

It's mostly the content that feels out of place without headings and the ads between the heading and the context which gives an akward page.

If you fix that then it's a pretty classy site in my opinion with the "goldish" colors looking professional (gold on websites usually reminds me of a cheap chinese restaurant for some reason.. but how you did it I quite like it)

I agree with Axeia's points.

-Looking at your code, in the head section, the meta tag "keywords" is not really used by most search engines anymore. I would remove it.

The meta tag description gets truncated if too long when displayed in search results. It seems that the recommendation is keep the length of the description to be no more than roughly 200 characters long. Instead of packing it with what you have, use a short sentence or two that properly conveys what your company does, using carefully chosen keywords in those sentences that is not only relevant to what you do, but is good for SEO (search engine optimization).

-In addition, I think you should have a hard look at your copy (home page for example)..

Aside from errors in spelling (Affiction , did you mean Affliction?), the flow of what the text is saying is bizarre IMO. Perhaps rewording things so they are more straight forward, as it just doesn't sound correct. Have an english associate go over things to ensure that what is written sounds grammatically correct.

-Within Services, you have the focal point on that image of two cogs, with the text all pushed to the side. You are selling a service.. devote that space to the text explaining your services (and I would get rid of that image, it doesn't serve anything useful).

-Going through many of the pages, I see that the image comes first, and the text is set to the right hand side. I would probably do the opposite. Have the text on the left, with the images positioned on the right. That's just my opinion though.

Overall, the layout is clean and straightforward (I really do hate those Google ads though.. if your site is not generating plenty of traffic, I would get rid of them to be honest).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.