[SOLVED] this php script piece is ginving me errors for no reason

emopoops

<? if ($_POST['form_submitted'] == '1') {

## Form submitted, user registering!

} else{

## No value found, user activating account!

}

mysql_connect("localhost", databas name, passs or die(mysql_error())[color=red];[/color]

mysql_select_db("tablename") or die(mysql_error());

if ($_POST['form_submitted'] == '1') {
} else {

}
?>

of course i make it so the info is correct like my database name and stuff but

this is how i got it from this website : http://www.learnphponline.com/scripts/email-activation-for-php-forms

and everytime i do that it says stupid unexpected ";" in line 11 which is the thing i colored red.

then when i take the ";" out it says unexpected t_string in line 13 or something i thought that the ";" was supposed to be there anyways.

and i should let you know that i accidentally put a ";" on line 11 (an extra one cause its there in the first part of the script on that webiste link i gave) and thats what started it. then ii took out the ";" that is supposed to be there. and the error doesnt go away it becomes tstring error. i dont know what to do. when i took out the one that isnt supposed to be in the code it gave me the unexpected ";" error. then i took out the one i made in red as well it gave me the same thing. i dont know what to do.