[SOLVED] Store preg match all results in one variable??

john_bboy7

Sorry, I meant to refer you to preg_match_all

int preg_match_all  ( string $pattern  , string $subject  , array &$matches  [, int $flags  [, int $offset  ]] )

See the examples for ways the matches array is output and can be utilized.

Yeah i am also trying that way but i am having results like more than 20 or 30 and every time different.. I used the count option.. but i am not sure how to save all the result in one single variable.. as i mention above $save = $matches[0]; then i can use the $save.

Here is a silly example for illustrative purposes:

$str = 'Text: 1 2 3 4 more text! 5';
$save = '';
preg_match_all('#\d#', $str, $matches);
foreach($matches[0] as $val){
$save .= $val . ' ';
}
echo $save; // ouput: 1 2 3 4 5

The . ' ' at the end of the save line appends a space so that the characters extracted from the array $matches[0] are not all bunched up together. So adapt that snippet to whatever you are using.. if you don't want the space in between, simply get rid of . ' ' (or substitute the space for something else if you want, like - or _ or whatever).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.