need help with condition to be specified inside a cell

alexmathayes

Hi!

I am preparing a site where I have a table. The first cell has the names of the categories displayed as links. What i need to do is when a user clicks on the any of the categories, it checks the condition such as cid=1, cid=2, etc.. and below that another php file with links opens. but, when the other php file opens i need to specify a condition before it. for example when a user clicks on the links for categories, a condition should the cid and based on that the value should be set for the table/cell below it. currently the cell below it has something like this:

<tr><td align="left"><iframe name="FRAME2" src="../archived/agricultureArchived.php" width="235" height="200" frameborder="0" scrolling="yes"></iframe></td></tr>

i need to specify a condition to be executed just before this when the user click on the category name.

any help will be much appreciated.

I think you need javascript. But I also know that your description is, as Ken put it, far too confusing.

Take a deep breath and explain a bit better with some example code. I am moving this to the Javascript form, as I think you want this action done on the client side without a page reload.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.