[SOLVED] Please evaluate

rhodrykorb

First impression, very nice!

Quickly searching trough the source for h1/h2/h3 also very nice.

Closer look at the code, not so nice.

<table summary="layout" id="layout-table">

And that's where things go wrong, table != layout

Table = Tabular data

Div    = Layout

Form on the right is using labels for the form, good job.

Thought it was a bit slow, and yslow is showing 7!! external javascripts. Hope you plan on combining those where possible.

Not much else to say as there isn't any content yet.

Looks pretty sharp.  Nice use of graphics and good spacing.  I'd consider increasing the line-height slightly for the text.  It looks a little cramped. I'd also prefer the text be aligned with the logo/text at the top to make the grid look good.  I'd also add a little top padding to the teachers/students/administrators section at the bottom.

Axeia is right that you shouldn't use tables for design purposes, but it is not the end of the world. 

Besides the tables, I'd say it looks excellent.  A minor tip - maybe change the mouseover images on the Years (8-12) so they change a little more.  Perhaps have them a little darker gray or have them press in?

Very nice job!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.