Its an Online Jewelry Site...

dhvani

It's not bad. It looks, for the most part, professional. It certainly gets the job done.

Though, I wouldn't be totally surprised if at least half of the users that first visit the site vow never to revisit because of the blinding purple rays coming from every direction.

I think you should change the purple on the sides to a darker shade or replace it with white. The higher your resolution is the more of a blinding effect the purple has.

"Order our products and recieve" on the link is an image for no good reason? It doesn't even have alt text, so no chance in hell the page will validate or that google will pick up on that part. I'd expect it to be clickable as well.

<li>|</li>

that doesn't make much sense, apply a border on the li instead of adding useless clutter.

Why on the frontpage are the left 2 images clickable but the right (ring builder isn't)

Images like http://www.adamas-intl.com/images/h2.jpg are just making the page bigger than it needs to be, just use a background image on a <h2> with the text in the h2 instead of on the image. It's better for search engines and users who can't see images.

Your menu isn't accessible to those who can't use javascript or have it disabled while there is perfectly crossbrowser way to do it all in CSS.

Okay now this is impressive.. according to http://www.smushit.com/ysmush.it/ you can save 54.46% on image size without any loss of quality!

On a related note you may also want to minify your javascript/css for further size savings/a faster loading site.

So basically you need to add a whole lot of alt='' attributes to the images(with some useful contents where they represent text or an action).

And I'd advice to use the proper tags like  <h1><h2> instead of images, and move from the tables to divs/proper tags.

Then try to get it to validate and compress the images/css/javascript.

I'm not a big fan of the purple.  I think the color scheme should compliment diamonds and have a shiny/classy look to it. Purple doesn't convey this to me. I think more greyscale with the correct color highlights would be more attractive. The logo text is not very clear, looks aliased and needs to be fixed. I think the caption text in the main image should be styled a bit more, probably change the font as well. From a usability standpoint I'm a little confused by seeing 3 menus right away. Maybe the very top links should be in the footer?  The site is not bad, but can use some fine tuning.

Thanks a lot to all of you..... :)

Yes i also don't like this purple color so i am trying to convince my client....

:-X

And yes

*"Order our products and recieve" on the left is an image for no good reason?

I must put some link here...

I am still working on layout so wen i gt changed  i tell you again... Thanks again

Any more suggestions??

Thanks

Dhvani

hi ..

I changed it....  I changed a little shade of purple, header, menus... Please check it now now and tell me how's it now??

Thanks all for your time and precious reviews.

Regards

Dhvani

I think the flash part is waaaaaaaaaay to large, I'd cut off the bottom 63px (gotta love measureIt) and then scale it down or make it part of the very top. As it is now it takes attention away from the more important parts of the site.

Layout is table based (tables != layout)

The links at the top next to the contact info look strange being right aligned, it's like they're supposed to be labels for the form next to it.

The ringbuilder flashthingy on the frontpage still isn't clickable

You still got images lacking alt text (hurting both your accessbility and search engine rating) and worse, you used a really odd way for that "Subscribe to newsletter", all the information is in a background image for which you can't even set alt text and then the link is an image as well.. without alt text.

To give you a better idea of why that's bad:

2f69c837068067.gif

That's how the page looks in lynx, and it's friendly enough to use the imagename itself if alt text is missing.

Also notice the line.jpeg's, you oughta use a <hr /> and then it can be styled to have the image as the background.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.