INSERT INTO WHERE

denoteone

I am trying to add a value to a field in a table WHERE To otehr values of that field match.

something like

$query  = "INSERT (visitor_whois) VALUES ( '$ip_info') INTO visitor_list WHERE visitor_day  = '$today' and visitor_month  = '$month'";

$result = mysql_query($query) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);

but I am getting an error that is not helping me. Any ideas

I got the UPDATE to work. now I am having issues with mysql_fetch_array

$query  = "SELECT * FROM visitor_list WHERE visitor_day  = '$today' and visitor_month  = '$month'";
$result = mysql_query($query)or die (mysql_error());
            while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_ASSOC)){

$string = file_get_contents("http://www.websitehere.com/soap/client-example-city.php?ip={$row['visitor_ip']}");

echo $string;

I am trying to send the vaule of $row['visitor_ip'] on the end of the url is this the best way to do it?

That usually means your query is failing, but it's syntactically correct.  You do have some spacing issues.  Right before your '=' you have 2 spaces, should be one, but this wouldn't throw this warning.

You don't get an error output for: ?

so my while statement is working but for some reason the variable {$row['visitor_ip']}  is not changing which it should since it is different in every row.  Any thoughts?  here is my full code:

ini_set("display_errors","2");
ERROR_REPORTING(E_ALL);

require_once('visitors_connections.php');//the file with connection code and functions
//get the required data
$today= date("d");
$month= date("m");

mysql_select_db($database_visitors, $visitors);

$query  = "SELECT * FROM visitor_list WHERE visitor_day  = '$today' and visitor_month  = '$month'";

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_ASSOC))
{

$website = "http://www.websitehere.com/soap/client-example-city.php?ip{$row['visitor_ip']}";
echo $website;
$string = file_get_contents($website);

if (strpos($string,"org")){

$orginfo = explode("org", $string);

$city = $orginfo[1];

$output = explode('"',$city); 

$ip_info = $output[2];

}else {
$ip_info = 'I was unable to find data on this IP';
}

$ip_info = mysql_real_escape_string($ip_info);

$query  = "UPDATE visitor_list SET visitor_whois = '$ip_info' WHERE visitor_day  = '$today' and visitor_month  = '$month'";

$result = mysql_query($query) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);

}

yes there are about 20 different ips that match those conditions. I though that this would make and array out of them and then loop through the array updating the visitor_whois filed for the IP.  I am obviously not correct.

when I add

$query = "SELECT visitor_ip FROM visitor_list WHERE visitor_day  = '$today' and visitor_month  = '$month'";
print_r(mysql_fetch_assoc($result));

it is only getting one IP address there should be like 2o rows that all have the same day and month all with different visitor_ip entries.  I need to run a for loop for everyone of those different ip's

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.