Could wordpress type designers take over?

rv20

I have seen some great sites build in WP it really does away with the need to design sites as there are so many templates, am i right in saying that you could just do away with  dreamweaver and all the other web designer software IDE's, even php and all the scripting languages and just learn WP. I mena what is the point if is all setut for you?

am i right in saying that you could just do away with  dreamweaver and all the other web designer software IDE's, even php and all the scripting languages and just learn WP.

Sure, if you want a site that looks like someone else's / has the same functionality as someone else's.

well, if you think about it people who design wordpress templates and design the functionality whetyher it be built in or through plugins probably did it through the use of such software as dreamweaver, and possibly other PHP IDE's. So you would be reaping the benefit of their hardest work....but as Thorpe said...using templates is only right for you if you decide its right for you...

Why would you want to use wordpress?

That's no fun. You don't learn anything.

That's generally when you get people on here saying "I tried to edit this, but i just get a blank page" because they have no idea what they're doing.

And how can you "do away with PHP" when wordpress is probably written in it? Even so, that'd mean you are totally reliant on WP. That's not cool.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.