[SOLVED] <br> in non html email from php?

SEVIZ

Hey guys.

I have a script I made that emails a message to peoples phones via text.  Its very simple and just emails using normal php mail command.  Everything is awesome except for one detail.  I cannot hit enter in the message or else in the text you actually see "<br>".  Is this a flaw in my code somehow?  Obviously it is using html by adding the <br> and the phone cannot display an html message. How can I get it to insert a break when enter is hit without showing as <br> in the code?

Or is there simply no way?

Thanks

I would post my code but its just a messagebox and submit.  Let me know if you need it though.

Maybe I am not explaining this right.  The user is typing a message into a messagebox form.  THEY are hitting enter for a new line and in the message that is sent it is inserting <br> all by itself.  I cannot edit the code as I did not code that in.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.