Looking for a password protect script

bslevin

I was wondering does anyone know of a simple script to protest a "members section" of a web site? I do not need these fancy scripts with all the features, this is not a paid members section.

I just need a very simple registration page with only a few options, amd a way to protect a directory with a username and password. that is about it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

to protest a "members section" of a web site

:D Very nice!

I just need a very simple registration page with only a few options, amd a way to protect a directory with a username and password. that is about it.

You can Google a simple registration system. It's a common find. For the latter one, use .htaccess.

Here's a good read I'm sure you'll enjoy - PHP Security

Pay me il gv u 1

I dont think he plans on paying thus the reason he asked if anyone knows of a simple login script to protect pages, also your Website doesnt work ;)...

as Ken suggested if its for nothing over complicated just go with .htaccess

Just to explain further about what i was looking for....

there are tons of password protect scripts for members areas out there, some free some for a fee. The problem is most fo them are these full members protection scripts for paid members sections, i do not need all of that. I just need the abilty to have a person register, confirm with an email, then have access to the protected section. it is just to keep a section of a client's site private until they are registered.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.